Thread: .BAK files - cluttering up my folders!

.BAK files - cluttering up my folders!

Is there any way to turn off the automatic creation of the .BAK files? They really clutter up the file folders and I have no real use for them since I save frequently. In fact, by accidentally opening one, I thought I had lost my work (since it was an older .bak file). They make it difficult to browse through files, and they create confusion for lesser experienced laser engravers. "which one should I open, they both have the same name?"

Blog Entries

Re: .BAK files - cluttering up my folders

I'm not aware of any way to turn off the automatic generation of the .BAK files, but an easy way to get rid of them if they start to clutter up too badly is to open the folder in Windows and change to the "Details" view. Then sort by "Type". All the .gnh and .BAK files will separate, making them easy to delete. Also, in the Open dialog, feel free to change the "Files of type" drop-down from "All Files (*.*)" to "Gravostyle files (*.gnh)" and you won't even be able to see the .BAK files from there.

Those both sound like great ways to help with this problem. Thanks!! I appreciate the knowledge!