PDA

View Full Version : ZCCH01 Candle Holder engraves too high

Brian
03-09-2011, 06:52 PM
Hi,

Our staff have experienced the engraving for the ZCCH01 candle holder template ends up being too high when they use the template provided by Dunn. They find that the text begins in the tealight holding section which doesn't look nice (the image depicts the text starting below the level of the bottom of the tealight). Could you please review this and either update the file or provide us with information as to why ours might be burning higher on the product than expected?

Thank you.

TimG
03-10-2011, 04:32 PM
I ran the file myself but was unable to produce the problem you described. If this is the only product that you notice a significant vertical alignment problem, something may have gotten changed or corrupt in the file. Updating your files might correct this. Otherwise, your laser machine may be misaligned. The only other thing I can think to have you check is to make sure that Gravostyle shows 0,0 as the coordinates in the lower left corner. If this is altered, it will change where Gravostyle thinks the lower left corner is at.

Tim

Brian
03-17-2011, 03:05 PM
After your feedback I had our store engrave one of the candle holders with the default file from Dunn as well as the tweaked version which we've been using and I've attached them for you to review.

While the text isn't as high up as the staff lead me to believe, we have still encountered enough customers who found the text to be too close to the top that we've made a habit of always moving it down.

The challenge with this design is that the text is actually engraved backwards into the back of the candle holder so when you read it you have to look down and through the candle holder so you basically have to stoop down to look at it at a completely flat level otherwise the tea light candle space, as well as the tea light candle itself will block the text from being viewed. Even with the text nudged down it can be pretty difficult to read it.

While we like the product it seems that it could be improved by moving it down or maybe adjusting the design so that the engraving is done so that you see it from the front rather than having to look through the block. Could this be considered? I'm not sure what the best solution is but i don't think leaving it as-is will give the best results.

TimG
03-17-2011, 04:40 PM
Thank you very much for posting your pictures. This gives us a much better reference to the precise laser results you described. I will be moving the default text position lower in an updated file that will probably be released next week. The subject of engraving the product in question (ZCCH01) on the front rather than the back has come up at some time in the past. The decision was made at that point to engrave on the back. Feel free to make your own version of the file that lasers on the front, but the official PGD method will stay as it is.

Tim