PDA

View Full Version : Turning off small caps or uppercase

Brian
03-09-2011, 01:03 PM
Hi,

Some designs include text boxes where the text is set to all uppercase or small caps. The gravostyle manual shows that there should be an option to set this on the yellow rapido button however those options do not appear on our version.

This doesn't seem like it should be all that "advanced" of a feature that you have to pay extra for it but perhaps that is the case. Can you confirm this? My guess is that the only option we have to change this behavior is to delete the text box and create a new one. Is that correct?

TimG
03-10-2011, 12:49 PM
You are correct that your version of Gravostyle does not include these features. You have a very quick option to remove special formatting. The red section on the rapido has a place to save specific font settings. The drop down will say "Default". Select the text to revert and click apply. This will set all the font settings, including size, font, spacing, etc. to their default. You might want to make a note of those settings before reverting to default so you can reapply what you want. Just deleting and re-adding text probably won't work. Gravostyle will have your new text based on the style of the last text you edited. I'd just apply the Default attributes so you don't have to recreate the box at the right size (if it's a box rather than a line) or realign anything.

EDIT: I added a post in the Troubleshooting section FAQ for this. Fixing Small Caps, All Caps (http://www.laserengravings.info/forum/showthread.php?24-READ-ME-FIRST-Quick-Fixes-for-Common-Problems!#post141)

Tim