PDA

View Full Version : Zmtl02

Brother John's
02-28-2011, 05:44 PM
Today I engraved the ZMTL02. The file has the seal at the bottom stating that the file has been checked and found working. When I engraved it however, the engraving was not centered and almost ran off the bottom. This also happened with a knife not to long ago. Having to double check files that are supposedly "confirmed working" is not efficient. When I tried to save my fixed version, it wouldn't let me because no matter what I do, it won't let me make my files not read-only. I uncheck the read-only box, and it reverts back to it on its own. This wouldn't be an issue if the confirmed working files were actually working correctly.

TimG
03-02-2011, 03:29 PM
I ran the ZMTL02 file as it is in the current files (it's unchanged since September) and could not produce the problem you described. It's very important to note the size of the text box that appears when you open the file. The dashed lines that show the box constraints are the absolute farthest you will want to place text or images to be engraved. The "confirmed working" seal is only relevant with the default setup that the file opens with. Still, there may be other factors causing this misalignment, so please give us a call at 800.828.5260 and press 5 for laser support.

Tim