PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with Puzzle-zkpb

Arrowhead Laser Center
11-18-2010, 11:43 AM
We are having trouble with the puzzle cutting all the way through so that you can take it apart. We changed the speed to 30% and this seemed to work-once-then not the next time. Any suggestions? We purchased 50 puzzles to have for a Birthday Party for Jesus on Dec 4th and would like to have the kids watch and see the laser in action. Let us know what you think.
Thanks

Franklin
11-18-2010, 02:08 PM
If you're not having trouble with the edges burning, just slow the machine down further.
There's nothing wrong with running it at 20% speed and 100% power to vector cut, or even slower if needed.

Alex
11-18-2010, 02:22 PM
Here's another thing to check. I always have to make sure things like this lay absolutely flat in the laser bed. Since they are poster-board type material, they tend to want to flex and stay that way. I flex them gently in the opposite direction so that when they relax back into shape, they lay flat against the vector tray. This keeps the laser in focus all the way across the piece.

Arrowhead Laser Center
11-18-2010, 03:36 PM
Great we will try these things. Does this need to be done on a vector tray?

Alex
11-21-2010, 12:01 AM
Sorry for the delay. Yes, cutting should always be done on a vector tray. As a side note, I'm going to move this thread to the Troubleshooting section, as it is more on topic there.

Brian
11-22-2010, 06:03 PM
Perhaps the file instructions could be updated for this then as currently it doesn't say anything about using the vector tray but just says the bed should be cleaned after the file is run.

Alex
11-23-2010, 08:55 AM
Sure, I'll take a look at the file.