PDA

View Full Version : Locked Text Box

Parable Bible Bookstore
05-19-2015, 10:47 PM
Can you please tell me how to unlock a text box? My text keeps getting locked, so that when I add more text it squishes all together and it's driving me crazy. It's like there are mysterious dimentions set and the only way I seem to be able to get out of it is to exit out of the program and go back in. But if I change fonts it seems to lock into the dimentions of the text of the previous font and the problem begins all over again. I've unlocked the piece, so it's not that it's squishing it to the dimentions of the bed. I'm sure it's a simple thing.... please enlighten me.
Thanks!

TimG
05-26-2015, 12:51 PM
I have seen instances where GravoStyle gets "glitchy" with respect to text compression, but I don't have a cure-all sort of fix for it. Closing and reopening the program (as you attempted) normally works, so I don't have any further instructions other than to attempt to "Reset all parameters": Close all GravoStyle windows except one, press F10 (or go to the 'Edit' menu and select 'Options'), and click 'Reset All Parameters'. The program will ask if you're sure and if you have unsaved changes will ask if you'd like to save them. Reopen the program and try again.
Could you also tell me what file (the filename, like "ZFCD54B") you start from that exhibits this issue?

Tim

Parable Bible Bookstore
05-27-2015, 09:27 AM
I was working on a large lithograph when this specific instance happened, ZBOB0040A, but I had other windows open for other pieces and I would try to type my text in those windows hoping this was related to the file I was in and could copy/paste from another place, but it didn't seem to matter what file I was in, at some point the text always seemed to compress. I've definitely had to Reset all Parameters for various other issues this week.... I'm so ready for an update to the software! :) (I'm just not ready for GravoTouch, though!)