PDA

View Full Version : Two Hearts ornament (656200044797) being blown around

Brian
11-02-2010, 06:21 PM
It seems all our challenges arise after hours so this forum method is the best way for us to follow up.

This afternoon one of our staff members was trying to engrave the two hearts wedding ornament however when she tried to do this she reported that the ornament was getting blown around when the engraving process began.

I had her try shutting off the smoke collector initially to see if that was the cause and it seemed to point to that problem.

I then had her try turning down the suction on the smoke collector which seemed to work however halfway through the ornament was moved.

Any idea on what might be causing this? Has anyone else experienced items moving like this from the air movement from the smoke collector?

Brian
11-02-2010, 07:00 PM
So... apparently I had the wrong item number (in the header). I believe the correct item number for the product I'm talking about is 656200100615 (ZORN02). Sorry for any confusion.

Franklin
11-03-2010, 10:44 AM
Turning down the speed of the smoke collector is definitely a good way to attempt to solve this problem.
If that still isn't enough, perhaps the jig is slightly warped so that the bottom edge is raised off the table a bit? This would allow the air to blow underneath the jig and possibly move it.
Some fixes could be:
- bend the jig back to straight
- tape the bottom edge down to the table
- place an item directly below the jig on the table to disrupt the airflow (pen, different foam jig, knife, etc)

Regards,
Franklin

Brian
11-03-2010, 01:08 PM
Thanks for your feedback. After I chatted with a few others about this issue it seems that it happens with bookmarks and some of the other wooden ornaments sometimes as well (even those without foam jigs). From what you've said it sounds like we just need to make sure we're doing something additional to help keep lighter pieces in place before we engrave them.