PDA

View Full Version : upgrading to win 8.1?

drooker
04-17-2014, 03:20 PM
I would like to upgrade our Vista OS on the laser computer to Win 8.1, which means that I'll have to do a clean installation. I can't remember how we installed the gravograph software the first time around. Should I have a disk with that on it? Did I need a software key, or is the flash drive all I need for that? Are there any caveats with using Win 8 with this system? Does the driver work with it?

I'm comfortable with installing the OS, and getting things to go, but don't want to make any changes without being fairly certain it will all work.

thanks,

TimG
04-23-2014, 04:11 PM
GravoStyle 5.4 does work in Windows 8.1 with a few work-arounds:

You have to run the installer with Compatibility Mode set to Windows 7
You have to separately install the 6.00-3 L-Solution driver since none of the prior drivers are signed (and Windows 8+ insist on signed drivers)

The program itself runs fine without Compatibility Mode set. You'll have to grab all the individual pieces (the main installer, fonts, symbols, .ini configuration file, driver, and latest files) just like any other "fresh" installation.
If/when you're ready to do this, just give me a call and I will help you through the installation.

Regards,
Tim Geiser