PDA

View Full Version : updating fonts

Arrowhead Laser Center
07-02-2013, 04:14 PM
I did the updates for the new summer products but can not seem to get the fonts to update, followed the instructions but still not there when I scan something, Help me!!

TimG
07-03-2013, 08:50 AM
Confirm both that your system font folder has the High School USA Sans font in it and that you've completely closed GravoStyle (you should not need to restart your computer). When you reopen GravoStyle, it should rescan the fonts folder, making the new font available. If you continue to have problems, please call me.

Tim

Arrowhead Laser Center
07-03-2013, 10:55 AM
Thanks we got the fonts to update. We were wondering if there is anyway to add fonts to the original 9 fonts that are in the drop down menu (ie BD Engraved, Beautiful, Berolina etc.) We have numerous customers who have used these nine fonts and would like to use some new fonts. For our convenience we would love to add a few of the new fonts to that top portion of the menu. Let's us know if and how to do this.

TimG
07-03-2013, 05:53 PM
You can change the "Favorite" fonts in the options.

Select the Edit menu -> Options (or press F10)
Select the "Font selector" tab (far right)
Add checkmarks beside the fonts you wanted added to the list (and remove checkmarks to remove)

You can also see that you can set the list to be the n most recently used fonts where n is adjustable, instead of a favorites list.
You can change the font sample text (the "ABCabc123" default; if you have text highlighted, though, you'll get a sample of the selected text).

Making these changes requires your Gravostyle.ini configuration file to be writeable! Many of you will need to uncheck the "read-only" checkbox on that file.
To do that:

Close all GravoStyle windows
Open a window to C:\Gravostyle5400\config
Find the Gravostyle.ini file (or the first Gravostyle file you see if you have "hide known file extensions" turned on)
Right-click and select "properties"
Clear the checkmark from the "read-only" box
Click "apply"
Reopen GravoStyle
Make the desired changes in the Options
Close GravoStyle
Recheck the "read-only" box for Gravostyle.ini
Click "OK"
Reopen GravoStyle

Tim