PDA

View Full Version : Problem with rotating image

ellysgifts
04-21-2013, 12:57 PM
I have imported an image into a blank frame template. The image will engrave correctly as imported. However, once I attempt to use the TRANSFORMATION TOOLS on the image it will not engrave. I wanted to create a mirror image --- went to engrave it and nothing happened. It downloaded to the laser way too fast, when I hit the run button, the laser tray moved down, then up, then nothing. When back to the original orientation and it worked correctly. Tried to flip the image upside down, same problem.

The image will only engrave in the orientation that it was imported. Any suggestions?

TimG
04-22-2013, 12:15 PM
I'm guessing you're running into a limitation within GravoStyle when trying to manipulate bitmap (.jpg, .gif., .png, or .tif) images. GravoStyle doesn't seem to properly apply the transformations you mentioned (it doesn't like anything but scale or move operations, it seems). If you need a transformation, you'll have to perform it in another image manipulation program. MS Paint works fine - it includes rotate and mirror flip operations that you'd be looking for. The other option is to use Vector Magic if that's something you've already been using. You should never have trouble with transforming the vector EPS result that comes from Vector Magic.

Tim