PDA

View Full Version : "Waiting Data"?

Parable Bible Bookstore
02-18-2012, 12:04 PM
I'm working on the piece ZFTC01 - the 7x11 cherry wood cross - which rotates when sending to the laser. The machine said calculating and received slowly as usual, however once it's got the information, it counts out the bytes received, then displays "waiting data". This is where it gets stuck. It's currently been on "Waiting Data" for several long moments. I've tried restarting the machine, resending the file, closing Gravograph and resending the file. Is there anything in particular that causes this file to do this? Any suggestions for resolving this problem?

Thank you.

Parable Bible Bookstore
02-18-2012, 12:40 PM
I figured out that if we hit the X button on the machine when it's displaying this "Waiting Data" message that the file will work to burn. However, I had to make an adjustment on the piece and it doesn't want to cancel that "print job" until it's burned and I have to wait for several moments to cancel that job before a new file will send to the laser.

Parable Bible Bookstore
02-18-2012, 02:39 PM
Just to update -- I thought this might be a problem with a clipart we had on the piece, but even after deleting the clipart the problem with sending the job still exists. It's also doing a weird thing where it only sends a portion of a template. At first I thought this was because we hit the X on the "Waiting Data" portion of the process, but it has since done it on attempts we've made where we didn't hit the X or receive that "Waiting Data" message.

TimG
02-20-2012, 02:59 PM
I can only say that you should never see the "Waiting Data" message under normal circumstances. At this point, I'd suggest updating the driver and firmware. The Files & Software (http://www.laserengravings.info/forum/content.php?118-laser-file-updates) page has a link to the most recent L-Solution Driver (ftp://laser:lifthimup@www.laserengravings.info/LSolution%205.06-3.zip) (I linked it right here, too). Extract, run the setup.exe, follow the directions. Then under the printer properties go to the last "About Of" tab, click the image, then click "Load Firmware" If you have any questions or need help with this process, please call the tech support line at 800.828.5260 x5.

Parable Bible Bookstore
03-03-2012, 03:54 PM
Thank you so much!