PDA

View Full Version : Engraving Photographs

Potter's House Laser Team
02-03-2012, 04:28 PM
Hey folks! Just had a quick comment. I called recently about engraving pictures. I had a customer with an extensive project for a memorial plaque. I wanted to inquire about Gravostyle 7. According to Gravograph's website, it appears that Gravostyle 7 can engrave pictures on our type of laser machines. I just wanted to see if this option can be used in accordance with some of the P. Graham Dunn's products or would it interfere? This would be so helpful! Thanks for all you do to make our laser centers run smoothly!

Franklin
02-06-2012, 08:16 AM
Actually, Gravograph has offered photo engraving since at least version 5.
However, there are several different "levels" of each version available: Discovery, Industry, and Graphic

Discovery is the base level, and this is what is supplied with your laser. This does not include advanced features (such as photo engraving settings)
Industry adds a few items, such as scripting
Graphic is the top of the line version, and is what you need to get the photo settings.
The cost to upgrade your current software to the Graphic level is approximately $1,000 - this would have to be paid and completed through Gravograph.

If you would like to purchase this, it certainly will not interfere with running any PGD products in the normal way, it will simply give you a few extra buttons on the side to allow you to adjust and preview a lasered photo on whatever material you choose.

Regards,
Franklin

Potter's House Laser Team
02-06-2012, 11:20 AM
Thanks Franklin! I guess didn't read carefully. But again, thank you for the information.