PDA

View Full Version : Need more details on layouts

Lighthouse
12-13-2011, 01:18 PM
It would be very helpful if P Graham Dunn would add more detail to the layouts of certain items. Mainly things like the pens and ornaments. On the pens there needs to be at least a line were the metal ring on the end is so that we know how much room we actually have. On the ornaments (especially crystal) there needs to be a circle where the hole that the ribbon goes through is so that we don't engrave on that area. I shouldn't have to guess on the actual area of an item and then hope it doesn't hit anything weird. I know I can do a red box around it and test it first, but that is a lot of time and effort for inexpensive items like pens. I did a pen this morning and didn't make any changes except text so I figured it should be fine and then when I actually ran the pen it put the last letter of the name on the metal ring therefore wasting the product completely. I think it would be helpful and a great timesaver to have as much product detail in the layouts of the items as is possible. Thanks

TimG
12-14-2011, 11:43 AM
Thanks for your feedback. Adding additional detail to some items could be beneficial, but only on items that have very little variablity. Adding some indicators for the position of rings/bands on pens should work fine. However, both the overall size and the location of the hang hole on crystal ornaments does vary some. I could add a guideline on those products, but it would have to be sufficiently conservative/restrictive so that it would be correct for the full range of variation.
Do you know which pen layout you ran that had the last letter run onto the ring?