PDA

View Full Version : Problem with ZALC20 (dark cross)

ellysgifts
11-19-2011, 04:03 PM
We are having a problem with the ZALC20 cross. If this were an inkjet printer, I would say that the heads needed to be cleaned. I have enclosed a couple of photos which show the laser "skipping". I have cleaned the laser twice with no difference in the output. So far, we have burned through three of these crosses and have not resolved the problem. I have tried to "clean it up" by lowering the power and the speed, but nothing seems to happen. Did we get a bad batch of crosses or is there something else I can try for the laser adjustments? I have the most current download of the files (and am scanning the Dark Product barcode).

Thanks,
Kurt Breither
Elly's

TimG
11-21-2011, 10:58 AM
It almost looks like the engraving might not be deep enough for you. If the dark portions do not appear to have any depth, then you need more power, not less. Try 50% Power, 100% Speed.

ellysgifts
11-21-2011, 01:14 PM
Tim,
I went to 50% power and 100% speed and now instead of crisp white lettering, it is a dusty brown. Looks like it has gone through the lithograph into the wood.
Since the original setting is 30% power, I have gone up in steps (35,40, 45). 45% seems to get rid of all the "skipped" spots, but on some lines some letters are lighter than others. For example, the last line of "have beside you!" everything is fine except for the "!" which is noticably darker than the other letters.
Unless you can figure out something else to try, I am going to chalk it up to a bad batch of lithographs and see what happens on the new ones we've ordered.