PDA

View Full Version : test lasering

Bill
09-13-2011, 07:31 AM
During training or in one of the manuals, it mentions using paper or cardboard to do a test laser for logos or custom art that was created to see if it will laser properly. Can you give me the process for doing this successfully? Marking setting, size or thickness of cardboard or paper, if it matters, or any other information I would need. Thank you.

Franklin
09-13-2011, 10:37 AM
It's not too critical what material you find, but the power may need adjusted appropriately.
If the item is too lightweight, you may have trouble with the exhaust blowing it around - you will need to tape it down perhaps.
The nicest item to use would be an actual piece of wood (back of a damaged product, or just a scrap of plywood or similar from anywhere)
Next best would probably be corrugated cardboard (cut from the side of a box)
The material size depends on what you are lasering, just need something large enough to take up the same space as the end product will.
Start with a very low power setting, perhaps 10% instead of 100%, and raise it up by 5% or so at at time if needed to get an adequate mark.

Personally, I have a couple of pieces of 1/2" wood cut to 18" x 12" that I keep around for testing - the size assures me that anything will fit, and the weight eliminates any concern of movement from the blower. They can generally be used repeatedly on both sides for quite some time.