PDA

View Full Version : A "red" hot idea

Jay
08-05-2011, 03:56 PM
I frequently use the secondary layer’s shapes to help me align text and images that I want to engrave. To do this, I copy and paste the shape from layer 2 to layer 1, and then use it to align whatever I am engraving.

On occasion, I will forget to delete the red outline from the layer 1, so when I go to engrave, that red shape will be vector cut onto whatever I am engraving, thus ruining it.

A simple solution to this problem: take all the files that do NOT have any vector cutting and set the red power to 0%. This way, even if I forget to delete that shape, it will not affect my engraving.

Hope this tip can be of some help in the future!

Jay
Joy's Hallmark
Marlton, NJ

Jay
05-31-2012, 01:35 PM
Ahhh so I just did it again - copy & pasted an item from the the secondary layer to help align things on the first layer. This time it was the golden business card holder (ZABH30). On this file, nothing is center-aligned; everything is a bit off set on the template. The customer wanted a totally different design, and to center everything I used the blue bar. Of course, after spending the time to set everything up, I forgot to delete the innocuous looking blue bar, and after the machine engraved all the writing, i heard the music start to play (which means it is now in vector engraving mode). Luckily, the damage done wasn't too extreme, in fact it looked like part of the design and the customer was fine with it.

If only the BLUE layer was set to 0% power, nothing would have even happened. All the laser files only use black and green. All other colors should be set to default at 0% power. This problem would then cease to exist.