PDA

View Full Version : ZFCD40 - Banging into guard

ellysgifts
07-23-2011, 10:29 AM
We have done a number of the ZCFD40 (Our Wedding) frames and each time the machine goes to engrave the vine on the upper left of the frame, the laser head goes crashing into the plastic moulding in the laser box. This appears to be because the vine runs over the side of the frame. Not sure if this is going to do some damage to the laser head or the plastic moulding.

Thanks,

TimG
07-25-2011, 09:55 AM
I re-created the files and made a few minor changes that should prevent this error from occurring. Please update your files and let me know if problems persist.

Tim

ellysgifts
07-29-2011, 06:16 PM
Tim,
I downloaded the new file and tried out the change.....no difference. The laser head still bangs into the side of the cabinet. (I know I was using the new version of the file since I deleted the old one).

Regards,
Kurt

TimG
08-01-2011, 09:35 AM
I'll have you try using an updated version of the driver. Click "Files & Software" at the top of this page, scroll to "Software Fixes and Extras" and click the link that says "Latest LS100 Driver 5.06-3 (ftp://laser:lifthimup@www.laserengravings.info/LSolution%205.06-3.zip)" (or just click the link here). Extract the ZIP and run the setup.exe file. Select the connection type (probably USB) and follow any other instructions to complete the setup.

Tim