PDA

View Full Version : Clip Art Files

Brian
06-16-2011, 12:01 PM
Hi,

I was hoping to build a document which we could print out and have on hand at our laser machine showing all the clip art options available within the Gravostyle software however it appears the .smb files are not usable in any other software and building that document withing Gravostyle is not a good option.

Is there any way to get a version of these .smb files which will work in the Adobe Creative Suite of programs or even Microsoft Office?

I did a Google search and ran across this: http://laser-engraving-discussion-board.2750648.n2.nabble.com/SMB-file-td4557462.html however the link provided in that thread no longer works.

Franklin
06-16-2011, 12:27 PM
Brian,

You are right, the .smb files are a proprietary format of some sort, I haven't found any other software that can open them.
The best solution is to create a new document, place any symbols you want, and then export as an EPS.

Franklin

Brother John's
06-20-2011, 02:22 PM
I wanted to show our customers what clip art we had available too. I tried copying and pasting all the clip art into paint and printing it. It looked horrible, so I decided to try something else. I changed the bed size to 8.5"x11" in Gravostyle, arranged all our clip art and then used the print option. It came out really clear and looks great.